Below you will see some tips on how to prepare and experience a flawless boudoir session. I want you to remember that this is mean’t to be fun and empowering. Start your own Pinterest board adding only what YOU consider sexy and pick out ways you want to see yourself. Everyone is different, this fact is one that is dear to my heart, and the reason why every one of my boudoir sessions looks different.
A Week Before Your Shoot…
- Stay out of the sun! Sunburns are not easy to photoshop, and tan lines are not your friend. If you do not usually spray, please do not do it now.
- Waxing, if you’re into that sort of thing it should be done 4-5 days before your session to avoid the red bumps.
- Manicure and Pedicures are welcomed, I do recommend a neutral color or a french style.
- Drink lots of water for glowing skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and even steam them and hang them properly so they will keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
Day Before Your Shoot…
- Bathe, shave, and moisturize.
- Pack for the shoot. Remember heels (close toe are best), outfits, jewelry and any props you want included.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep….eight hours is always nice.
- Don’t forget to drink water!
The Day of Your Shoot…
- Come to studio with clean hair and clean face.
- Make sure your deodorant is clear.
- Wear clothing to the studio that do not leave marks, basically the looser the better, and “go bra-less” so you don’t have strap marks.
- Lastly, take a deep breath and relax. We will show you how to pose and show you in the best light so relax and let’s have some fun!
What to Wear…
-Ripped jeans, Cowboy Boots, High heels, Stockings, A fav jersey of your partner, Bra/Panties, Corsets, Lingerie, Neck tie, Sexy Costume (nurse, maid, school girl), Jean Shorts basically there are no rules…if you feel sexy then it’s sexy.
For more inspiration check out our past boudoir sessions HERE.
Orlando Boudoir by Tab McCausland
I absolutely love Boudoir sessions and my studio! There is nothing more beautiful then a woman in love and showing her inner super model to the man who loves her. Here are a few of my favorites from our Orlando boudoir session and for my photographer friends all these were shot with my Canon Mark III and 50mm.
Shimmery and sparkly background compliment the ring catchlight in her eyes. I always recommended a professional hair and makeup artist for boudoir. This day is about you so why not pamper yourself a bit and have someone else brush and style your hair?
Channeling your inner Victoria’s Secret angel is no problem when paired with our wings! No, they are not the 6 foot wings. Do you know the core workout you have to do to lug those jokers around?! It’s insane. I don’t even think Jillian Michaels would workout that hard to wear them.
Darling don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first. -Eleanor Roosevelt
Some of my favorites from this awesome Boudoir session with Ms. Stone. Enjoy and Happy Tuesday 🙂
This little hot momma came all the way from Indiana to get in front of my camera and I am so honored she did!!
A few tips for having the best Boudoir experience….
1) PLEASE don’t spray tan before your session. Unless you are a regular spray tanning person and know your skin will not turn orange PLEASE don’t use spray tan. It is very very hard to edit spray tan and you will look orange on camera. Just say no to the spray tan.
2) Bring inspiration pics with you. For the most part photographers are very visual people so showing your photographer some idea will insure you get what you are looking for.
3) Bring tons of clothes and shoes. Always better to have too much then not enough and the photographer will probably put things together you might not of thought of. This is the time to get out those 4inch heels by the way! Bring HEELS 🙂
4) Paint your nails and toes. Doesn’t matter the color I recommend something neutral.
5) Have your hair and makeup professionally done. The difference between night on the town makeup and camera ready makeup is significant so hire a professional.
Some teasers for ya…..Happy Wednesday!